Wednesday, February 12, 2014

gag

Hong Kong has really jaded my gag reflex. I used to be so sensitive when it came to stuff like that. I've been a vegetarian my whole life, so you've got to understand that some smells of meat and the way the stuff looks can make me feel queasy. Like when my roommate last year would cook shrimp, omg I'd close the door to my room, light a candle, and then just leave the house - I coudn't take it! It would make me gag and feel like puking. Or whenever my other roommate prepared tuna salad. How can you eat something that smells like the ocean is rotting?? I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but the female bathroom on our floor has urinals, which are right next to the sinks. My first time using one of the sinks closer to the urinals was terrible. I was brushing my teeth and I kept glancing over at the urinal, and somehow I made myself so sick, I throw up. Anyway, my first week in Hong Kong, I saw enough gross things to totally make my gag reflex immune. Hanging pigs with the eyes poked out, chicken with just the feathers plucked out, so the skin was still on it and you could see the follicles where feathers used to be. A baby squid with the eyes still on it, in Kelsea's soup. People here eat the chicken with the bones still in it - and I'm not talking about the leg. Even chicken breast will still have the small bones in it, so your mealside entertainment can be watching people pick the bones out of their mouths and throw them next to their plate. Clogged toilets in the community bathroom, and the person responsible totally didn't politely cover their poop clog with toilet paper like the girls do in America. Yes, I totally wanted to see your fat poop clogging the toilet before I shut the door and rush to the next stall.

Make me gag, I promise I won't now.

No comments:

Post a Comment